NFIRS 5.0 Module ‘Basic’
- Basic Incident – ‘Provides the standard details for the incident’- Mandatory, 1 only
- Incident Address – ‘Provides the location, e.g. address, for the incident’- Optional, at most 1
- Aid Given Received – ‘Provides details of when aid (e.g. mutual aid) was given or received’- Optional, at most 1
- Officer In Charge – ‘Provides details of the officer in charge of the incident’- Optional, at most 1
- Member Making Report – ‘Provides details of the member providing the NFIRS report for the incident’- Optional, at most 1
- Incident Remarks – ‘Provides the narrative / comments for the incident’- Optional, at most 1
- Special Study – ‘Provides the ability for special studies (e.g. COVID-19 information)’- Optional, at most 200
Basic Incident Blocks
Incident Address Blocks
Aid Given Received Blocks
Officer In Charge Blocks
Member Making Report Blocks
Incident Remarks Blocks
Special Study Blocks
Need more NFIRS help?
Here are some other useful ressources to learn more about NFIRS.
You can also read this NFIRS 5.0 Complete Reference Guide, and NFIRS 5.0 Design Documentation in order to have a deeper understanding of NFIRS 5.0. Here are also NFIRS 5.0 Forms ready for you to download and use.
We are here to help, Feel free to contact us if you need any additionnal informations.
Last Updated on May 11, 2023