NFIRS 5.0 Transaction: ‘Structure Fire’
Module: Structure Fire
These elements are part of the ‘Structure Fire’ transaction, as they are part of every transaction, since they form the record key; they uniquely identify the incident from other incidents.
Transaction Specific Elements
These elements are part of the specific information carried by the ‘Structure Fire’ transaction. They form the main payload of this transaction.
- Structure Type
- Building Status
- Building Height: Stories Above Grade
- Building Height: Stories Below Grade
- Building Length
- Building Width
- Total Square Feet
- Fire Origin (Story #)
- Fire Spread
- Number of Stories with Damage: Minor
- Number of Stories with Damage: Significant
- Number of Stories with Damage: Heavy
- Number of Stories with Damage: Extreme
- No Flame Spread or Same As First or Unknown
- Item Contributing To Spread
- Type Of Material Contributing To Spread
- Detector Presence
- Detector Type
- Detector Power
- Detector Operation
- Detector Effectiveness
- Detector Failure Reason
- Automatic Extinguishment System (AES) Presence
- Automatic Extinguishment System (AES) Type
- Automatic Extinguishment System (AES) Operation
- Number of Sprinklers Operating
- Automatic Extinguishment System (AES) Failure Reason
Transaction’s elements are regrouped by blocks. the following table list all the blocks of the ‘Structure Fire’ transaction.
Need more NFIRS help?
Here are some other useful ressources to learn more about NFIRS.
NFIRS Codes Cheat Sheet – NFIRS Coding – NFIRS Examples – FDIDs – POCs – NFIRS Transactions – NFIRS Modules – NFIRS Elements – NFIRS Rules – NFIRS Reference – NFIRS Compliant ?
You can also read this NFIRS 5.0 Complete Reference Guide, and NFIRS 5.0 Design Documentation in order to have a deeper understanding of NFIRS 5.0. Here are also NFIRS 5.0 Forms ready for you to download and use.
We are here to help, Feel free to contact us if you need any additionnal informations.
Last Updated on May 10, 2023