NFIRS 5.0 Transaction: ‘Wildland Fire’
Module: Wildland Fire
These elements are part of the ‘Wildland Fire’ transaction, as they are part of every transaction, since they form the record key; they uniquely identify the incident from other incidents.
Transaction Specific Elements
These elements are part of the specific information carried by the ‘Wildland Fire’ transaction. They form the main payload of this transaction.
- Township Direction – North/South
- Range Direction – East/West
- Area Type
- Wildland Fire Cause
- Human Factors Contributing
- Factors Contributing To Ignition
- Fire Suppression Factors
- Heat Source
- Mobile Property Type
- Equipment Involved In Ignition
- NFDRS Weather Station ID
- Weather Type
- Wind Direction
- Wind Speed
- Air Temperature
- Relative Humidity
- Fuel Moisture
- Fire Danger Rating
- Number of Buildings Ignited
- Number of Buildings Threatened
- Total Acres Burned
- Primary Crop Burned #1
- Primary Crop Burned #2
- Primary Crop Burned #3
- Undetermined Acres Burned Percentage (%)
- Tax Paying Acres Burned Percentage (%)
- Non-Tax Paying Acres Burned Percentage (%)
- City Town Village Local Acres Burned Percentage (%)
- County or Parish Acres Burned Percentage (%)
- State or Province Acres Burned Percentage (%)
- Federal Acres Burned Percentage (%)
- Foreign Acres Burned Percentage (%)
- Military Acres Burned Percentage (%)
- Other Acres Burned Percentage (%)
- Property Management Ownership
- Federal Agency Code
- NFDRS Fuel Model At Origin
- Person Responsible For Fire
- Person Age
- Activity of Person
- Horizontal Distance From Right Of Way
- Type of Right of Way
- Relative Position on Slope
- Flame Length
- Rate of Spread
Transaction’s elements are regrouped by blocks. the following table list all the blocks of the ‘Wildland Fire’ transaction.
Need more NFIRS help?
Here are some other useful ressources to learn more about NFIRS.
You can also read this NFIRS 5.0 Complete Reference Guide, and NFIRS 5.0 Design Documentation in order to have a deeper understanding of NFIRS 5.0. Here are also NFIRS 5.0 Forms ready for you to download and use.
We are here to help, Feel free to contact us if you need any additionnal informations.
Last Updated on May 10, 2023